Do not warp or cloak until the bomb has detonated, it used to be the bomb wouldn't go off... Unsure if this has been changed or not?
Best SOP for a bombing run is the following.
1) Find/identify target, preferably at an intercept point like a gate/wormhole entrance.
2) Set up to be approx 40 - 45 km from detonation point.
3) check local & directional for hostiles that may jump you.
4) Pick your Egress point, preferably a planet approximately 90 degrees (off axis) to the target
5) begin your run... Approach target, when aligned, decloak and cycle (your MWD/AB)
6) Begin Locking your target, turn on Target Painters/Sebo's/Dampners & Siege Launchers
7) The Second the First Volley of Torps leaves the tubes activate your Bomb Launcher, checking you are now ~30KM from target.
8) Once the bomb is away, Pick up your Egress point and begin aligning to the planet (you can do this manually or automatically depending on your skill and comfort with manual flight), your MWD should by now have cycled and hover your mouse over the warp button while your finger hovers over the F key that activates cloak.
9) When the bomb impacts, click warp to and cloak...
I know it sounds like alot, but the whole thing happens in about 10-15 seconds you deal much more damage than a bomb alone, the Target painters mean the bomb will do more damage also.
Also Aragaer is correct a single bomb won't do much, unless you score a direct hit frigates won't go down.
don't bother with the torps on Dessy's or Frigates, do bomb only.
Don't Go up against an Arazu he will point you no problems.
on second thoughts don't attempt to attack recon's in general.
As you are a hound Pilot use Shrapnel Bombs & Bane Torps you get a bonus to them.
If you are in a group of bombers pick the bomb type the majority of the fleet is to deploy and everyone use the same........ Bombs of different types will kill each other !!!
Racial Bombs/Torps are as follows.
Amarr --> EM Mjolnir Torps/Electron bomb
Caldari --> Kinetic Jugganaught/Concussion
Gallente --> Thermal Inferno/Scorch
Matari --> Explosive. Bane/Shrapnel