How do I install the test server (SiSi) on a Windows PC with the least amount of headache? I've heard it can delete my main EVE install and I don't want that to happen.
Silas Sanyasi [ Moderator ]
I am assuming that you don't have SiSi installed and that your TQ client is patched and up to date.
- Copy your entire main EVE folder to a separate folder. I suggest naming it "EVETest".
- Download the latest SiSi patch from chruker.dk. You will want to download the file listed under "Patch From TQ version to current version".
- Run the downloaded patch file, making sure you patch your EVETest folder, not your main EVE folder. Take extra special care here, if you do patch you main folder your TQ client will be broken.
- Create a new shortcut on the desktop pointing to the EVE.exe in the EVETest folder.
- Open the properties window for the shortcut. In the "Target" field, add /server:22.214.171.124 to the end. The end result should look something like this:
"C:\Program Files\CCP\EVETest\eve.exe" /server:126.96.36.199
Whenever SiSi updates you will have to run the auto-patcher as you would on TQ. Sometimes this does not work, however, and you will have to repeat points 1-3 in the above procedure (copy main folder, download & patch).