What is a good ship to tank lvl 4 missions?
Red Mage [ Editor ]
- Drakes have a big tank, poor dps but is doable.
- Ravens do a good job, but require a bit more skills for sufficient tanks.
- Dominix is a classic. Drone DPS, uber tank at low skills, tractors/salvagers in the high slots.
- Gun Boats: Tempest, Maelstrom, Ammar, Mega, Hyp: These can have great tanks and good dps, the drawback is constantly moving into range for max dmg. Missiles do not have this problem.
- Marauders: The win button. Tractor/Salvage for miles, heavy dps from the bonus.
- Command Ships: A CS has more dps than t3 and battle cruisers. They have tanks greater than or equal to battleships. They are very maneuverable, more so than battleships and keeping in range is much easier. Also, the medium weapons will hit much better on small/med targets than battleships and the med guns will hit great vs battleships. Arguable giving them more effective dps in missions since you come across all sizes of ships.
For missions, or the 0.0 equivilent Havens and Sanctums, i like to use a DPS ship (Raven / Abadon / Marauder) and a ship to handle smaller guys (Sleipnir / Zellot / Deimos).
My reccomendations: (no particular order just goodies)
- Raven / CNR / Golem
- Hurricane / Maelstrom / Sleipner
- Myrmidon / Domi / Ishtar
- Any Marauder
- Thanatos ;)