While all ships can use the prototype cloak, what ones can use the covert ops cloak? What does the covert ops cloak let a ship do that a prototype cloak can't do?
Real Name [ Editor ]
Covops cloaks use too much CPU for most ships; hence, only ships with -98% CPU usage on cloaks can fit them. Notably, most ships that have this bonus go to -100% cloak CPU usage at skill level V, which opens up a fair bit of CPU for them.
Ships that can fit covops cloaks are:
- Covert ops frigates (includes stealth bombers)
- Force Recon cruisers (note: does NOT include Combat recon cruisers)
- Blockade runner transports
Ships that have cloak-related bonuses but can't fit covops cloaks are:
- black ops battleships (move faster while cloaked)
black ops and recon cruisers are more about using covert cyno generators to jump deep into enemy territory than covops cloak use, which is more aimed at scouting undetected.
The bonuses for a covops cloak are:
- No penalty to scan resolution when fitted
- Much reduced targeting delay after decloaking
- Much reduced recloaking delay
- No speed reduction while cloaked
- can warp while cloaked